Every Investment Is A Technology Investment
Investors with access to seasoned technologists who have led tech products and operations through hypergrowth enjoy a huge advantage. We offer the best of both worlds- a dedicated relationship with a fractional technologist-in-residence.
|Partners have hyperscale experience — A16z, Khosla||Always-on access, institutional knowledge, constant participation||Expensive and difficult to hire and retain an FTE with this background|
|VCs hire tech expertise — technologist in residence||Always-on access, institutional knowledge, constant participation||Expensive and difficult to hire and retain an FTE with this background|
|Build a formal network (carry/pay for smart people)||Low cost, diverse body of expertise||Unreliable, transactional, high maintenance, little to no institutional knowledge|
|Informal network — ask / find contacts to help as needed or contract with Expert Network like GLG||Low cost, flexible||Unreliable, transactional hard to maintain quality, little to no institutional knowledge, no alignment of interests|
Core questions to ask of every potential investment…
- Is the technology vision of the company realistic?
- What are the major technology, product or operational execution risks?
- How strong is the CTO / VP of Engineering?
- Are the product and engineering organizations well designed?
- Are the most critical ICs in the technology team happy?
- How quickly can the team iterate and ship product?
- Is the technology team spending money wisely?
- Can the technology team, tech operations, and product scale up?